Fear of the coronavirus is leading nations, from the U.S. to much of Europe and Latin America, to close up and shield their citizens from the spreading outbreak.
That meant shutting borders, airports, seaports and, in France, its iconic cafes and restaurants. Spain and Libya declared emergencies. Italy had 175 new deaths, pushing its total to 1,441.
- Cases topped 152,000 worldwide, with deaths at 5,700
- China has 80,824 confirmed cases, 3,189 deaths
- In the U.S., nine new deaths and 520 new cases were reported
- France’s prime minister says people ignore warnings
- Schools in Jakarta will close for two weeks
- African nations from Rwanda to Mauritania reported first cases
Subscribe to a daily update on the virus from Bloomberg’s Prognosis team here.
Click VRUS on the terminal for news and data on the coronavirus and here for maps and charts. For analysis of the impact from Bloomberg Economics, click here. To see the impact on oil and commodities demand,…
This News From Feed news.google title “Coronavirus Latest: Virus Updates for March 14, 2020 – Bloomberg”
geico insurance,instant auto insurance quote,get auto insurance online,purchase auto insurance online,auto insurance quotes online,farmers insurance,farm insurance,a car insurance