The community is rallying around a family-run farm in Powell River.
Hatch a Bird Farm experienced a serious fire in many of their out-buildings over the weekend.
The fire broke out early Saturday morning around 1:00am in the 6600 block of McMahon Avenue.
A 200ft by 50ft building was completely engulfed in flames when crews arrived.
Deputy fire chief Rocky Swanson said the fire was caused by a faulty machine stored in the building.
No one was injured in the fire but some chickens were killed, but the damage was significant.
A storefront, tool shop, food storage shed, seed starter room, and one of the chicken coops were all completely destroyed, and a few of the greenhouses were severely impacted.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family rebuild.
As of this afternoon, the page has generated $26,620 in donations and is closing in on its $30,000 goal.
“Peter and Helena (Bird) lost a majority of their farm tools, as well as freezers full of meat sold to locals, soil and seeds for…
This News From Feed news.google title “Donations pour in after fire damages Hatch a Bird Farm – My Powell River Now”
geico insurance,instant auto insurance quote,get auto insurance online,purchase auto insurance online,auto insurance quotes online,farmers insurance,farm insurance,a car insurance